Vox Chamber Choir Year End Concert
Vox Chamber Choir
Vox Chamber Choir is a Pretoria based chamber choir of 24 singers. The choir was founded by composer and conductor, Franco Prinsloo in 2017, with a focus on quality recordings and performances of his own music, as well as a selection of music by other Pretoria based composers focused on contemporary South African choral repertoire.
“South African Choral Music Collection Vol. 1 is their first album and available worldwide on all streaming platforms.
In 2019 a new recording will be released: “Naledi – An African Journey” featuring music of the choral musical with the same name. In 2017 the choir received a golden medal at the World Choir Games in the championship category Musica Contemporanea.
Vox Chamber Choir also focuses on interdisciplinary collaboration and seek to create hybrid choral music experiences that expand traditional performance practice.
The singers of Vox Chamber Choir are huge choral enthusiasts and comprises of choral conductors, composers, music educators and semi-professional singers. We strive to promote South African contemporary choral music throughout the world and seek to inspire with our unique focus on music by living composers.
The programme includes:
1. Prayer to the Young Moon – Franco Prinsloo (1987-)
2. O Amohetswe (From: Naledi – An African Journey) – Franco Prinsloo (1987-)
3. Naledi’s leap (From: Naledi – An African Journey) – Franco Prinsloo (1987-)
4. Ngicolole (From: Naledi – An African Journey) – Franco Prinsloo (1987-)
5. Pula, Pula! (From: Naledi – An African Journey) – Franco Prinsloo (1987-)
6. Drie Nagliedjies – Franco Prinsloo (1987-)
7. Pulcrae Sunt – Franco Prinsloo (1987-)
8. Agnus Dei – Franco Prinsloo (1987-)
9. Ek sal sterf en na my vader gaan – Franco Prinsloo (1987-)